You could spend the rest of the day crying in your beer about Jake Ryan and his torn Achilles, or you could just channel your sadness into working on the madness.
There's less than 24-hours until the tourney begins, so get your bracket and your *ahem* donation in soon. The bracket is here.
Don't have the password? Send an email to email@example.com to see if you are worthy.
So, we've reached that time of year where I make that post where I tell you that rumors of this website's demise have been greatly exaggerated. So there's that. Apologies, I'll do better, missing pictures are coming, more content, etc., etc., etc... You can't trust me. That you can trust.
- It's Super Bowl week, so there will be a Michigan player in action. Also, a Michigan Man will coach Michigan....er, I mean San Francisco...and Baltimore I guess. Jimmy Hardballs was my first love in Maize and Blue. I pretended I was him (and at 9 years old, I probably already weighed as much as him) as I snapped the ball to myself in a one-on-one tackle football game I'd play with a friend on the cement floor of my basement, dodging my dad's rusty iron weights that were laying around. It was a barbaric 10-yard fight, and we were both lucky it didn't end in cracked skulls. 16 years later, I got a new appreciation for Jim, as at around 40 years of age, he still was pulling tail at Rick's. He was my idol in youth, and my mentor as I approached the "inappropriate to go to Rick's" age. Also, he did this...
- It was a good week. Very good. We can only go downhill from here... Running back Derrick Green committed to a teary eyed Brady Hoke, resulting in creative uses of the Spartan trademarked color, such and Maize + Blue = Green. Great. I think he should change his name. MGoBlog Hello post | New Blue from Maize N Brew | Hat Presentation from Maize and Blue Nation | Touch the Banner updates recruiting
- Hoops held serve at home against Purdue, and had a big road win against Illinois. MGoBlog Recap | ESPN Recap | UMHoops Recap | ....which resulted in Michigan climbing to the top of the AP poll for the first time since baggy shorts became cool, though still #2 in the Coaches Poll (fuck you Tom Osbourne)... Eleven Warriors updates it's Big Ten power rankings. Also, Bacari Alexander is weird.
- It wasn't all rainbows and unicorns though. Michigan Hockey sucks, and Denard, well, Denard will always have his smile.
- It's all on Denard's shoulders. And with Gardner filling in for Roy Roundtree, it seems we've got a lot riding on the health of a guy that has consistently found himself on the sideline nursing an injury throughout his career. [ Is Michigan For Real? It's Up to Robinson to Show Us Against Alabama - CBS Sportsline ]
- ESPN ranks the top 50 teams in college basketball in the last 50 years. The M cagers come in at lucky #13. (Little brother is #11) [ 50 in 50 Series - ESPN.com ]
- Help mentor your favorite pre-frosh into the world of tailgating! [ Tailgating 101 for College Freshman - Tailgatingideas.com ]
- Outside of a Michigan home Saturday, I've never seen Pioneer High's parking lot as full as it was Friday night. Droves of fans came to see the heir apparent to Denard throttle the home team. [ Defense steals the show from star quarterback Shane Morris as Warren De La Salle dominates Pioneer in 35-7 win - Ann Arbor.com ]
- Chris Bryant's tibia fracture leaves Michigan with a skeleton crew of backups on the O-Line. Depth is an issue for this team on many levels...this may be just the beginning of our problems. Get used to the phrase "the expectation is for the position." You're gonna hear it a lot. [ Michigan's offensive line down to five scholarship reserves, all freshmen, after Chris Bryant injury - AnnArbor.com ]
- Crisler is really looking good. Just don't go too far past it on Stadium Blvd when you visit, because that bridge is still closed. [ Photo Gallery: August Crisler Center Renovation Updates - UMHoops ]
- Mgoblog's practice roundup confirms Devin Gardner's full-time move to WR. He didn't take a snap at QB. [ Practice Items: Devins Will Catch - MGoBlog.com ]
- The 1901 Wolverines football schedule card is up for sale on Ebay. Michigan went 11-0 that year, their first under Yost, and outscored their opponents 550-0. [ eBay Watch: Baird Calls Cal & Stanford Yellow (1901) - MVictors ]
- Rarely do I give props to Purdue, but hey, it's Neil Armstrong. [ Neil Armstrong - Boilermaker - Boiled Sports ]