It's Thanksgiving week, so I just want to take a second to thank everyone that participated in our transition year of tailgating as we left the golf course for greener (actually more asphault colored) pastures. You guys really blew my mind this year with the turn out, the donations, and the enthusiasm. So much so that we are going to have to move this thing to a bigger venue. Stay tuned this offseason to find out where we end up.
I want to also give special thanks to a few folks...
- Gus, Mel, and the gang from New York. You guys were all amazing. Your hard work and generosity made things so much easier for me this season, and I would like to express my deepest gratitude for everything you did, up to and including the massive amount of filet mignon you showed up with for what was truly a grand finale of tailgates this past Saturday. We look forward to many years of having you as part of our group. It's nice that after all of these years to have the tailgate family still growing.
- Our hotdog crew, Joe and Jeff, who feed 100+ people in the postgame. I can't even imagine what the count was in total dogs for the season....not to mention the pounds of scortching hot peppers. How ever many it is, it's a huge load off for me, especially in these past couple of years when all I want to do after the game is curl up in a ball and cry.
- My load-unload crew of Kristen and JJ, who while noticeably absent for several games, occasionally provided the manpower needed to unload the car and get me to the couch as fast as possible after returning from these on the field debacles. OK, really it's only JJ, but Kristen does provide inspiration through her motivating dialogue, like "hurry up I want to order Pizza House." Love you both...wouldn't be the same without you.
- Also, thanks to any and all of you that helped with setup and takedown...too many people to name, but you know who you are, and it is much appreciated.
- Finally, thanks to James Dickson of AnnArbor.com, who has put my name in the paper more times in the last three months than I'd like to admit. He's become kind of an embedded tailgate reporter at UMTailgate.com, and his articles are all great reads, especially when they include quotes from our group...like this week.
Commence the run to the Final Four.