Here's what happened this weekend (and Monday) across the internets while you spent some quality time with John Beilein...
- Touch the Banner makes a quick list of Wolverine NFL free agents. The Lions should pick up all of them...if they'd like me to be a fan that is.
- The Fighting Burke's put away the Illini with a strong second half at the Center. ESPN Recap | Maize and Go Blue Recap
- MGoBlog reports D-Line coach Jerry Montgomery has left Michigan for Oklahoma. Fairly certain Brady coaches the D-Line...but his recruiting prowess will apparently be what we miss.
- As a football streaker that hasn't missed a game since mid-'99, I can't even fathom the dedication (and ridiculous cost) of attending every home and away basketball game for 39 years. AnnArbor.com covers a woman that has done just that.
- Hockey #BeatOhio in Columbus on Friday, and completed the sweep on Saturday. Amazing that it was just their 2nd and 3rd road wins of the entire season.
- Maize and Blue nation reminds us that Denard is fast. Still convinced that he's not made for the next level, but ya...fast. ESPN covers some other Big Ten combine numbers.
- Ohio beat little brother in hoops on Sunday, daring us to hold serve and hope for another Indiana loss to get at least a piece of that Big Ten title.
- BHGP reports on the difficulty of being a Hawkeye these days.
- Eleven Warriors pleads "A Student's Case Against Noon Games" and I'm all for it. Can't make breakfast AND lunch at the tailgate with a noon kick.
- ESPN reports on a member of the 2017 recruiting class...a child that has two offers from the SEC. Tom Brady's new contract will just about be expiring then.
I neglected to reference the fact that women's hoops beat Sparty on Sunday...my apologies to the title nine set. And beating Sparty is beating Sparty, I don't care if it's a football game, a canned-goods collecting event, or a three-legged race.
- Baseball (0-3) vs. Fordham (0-0) in Port St. Lucie, FL: Heartbreakers abound for baseball last weekend. Michigan lost all three games by one run...the first two were extra innings walk-offs, and the third a walk-off in the 9th. Wow. Sucks. They head to Florida to face Fordham for their season opener. 2pm
- Hockey (10-18-2 / 7-15-2) at Ohio (13-12-7 / 12-7-5): Weekend off last week for Michigan, who is probably still reeling from the 13 goals they gave up in two games to Manti T'eo's boys. Puck drops at 6:35pm on BTN.
- Baseball vs. Fordham in Port St. Lucie, FL: See above. Old-fashioned double-header starts at 11am.
- Hockey at Ohio: See above. Puck drops at 7pm on Comcast Sports.
- Basketball (22-4 / 9-4) at Illinois (20-8 / 7-7): Michigan returns to action after a full week off, so I think it's finally time to put that Sparty game from the week before behind us. And I think we're going to need all that we've got to get past the Illini in Champaign. Tipoff is 1pm on ESPN.
- Women's Basketball (19-7 / 8-5) at #7 Penn State (22-3 / 12-1): SIMULTANEOUS TIPOFF ALERT!!! What will you do? 1pm on BTN.