We would have liked to think that we knew, but we didn't. Crazier things have happened on selection Sunday. So we sat around on a Saturday afternoon, 20+ tailgaters together for the first time since November 22nd, rooting for the favorites to win each of the conference tournaments as to not burst any more bubbles...while drinking ourselves blind at Fraser's Pub in Ann Arbor. In between baskets and debates on who to root for between OSU and MSU, we hammered out the themes for 8 home tailgates, and made arrangements for 4 road trips.
The themes for the 2009 UMTailgate.com Home Football Tailgates are as follows:
- September 5, 2009: Western Michgian - Boats, Ho's, and the Catalina Wine Mixer combines a nautical theme, water sports, scantily clad women, wine, and tapas.
- September 12, 2009: Notre Dame - Luau will feature our traditional Hawaiian garb, deco, and plates full of several parts of the pig. This could mark the first tailgate appearance of the BBQ Bacon-Sausage roll.
- September 19, 2009: Eastern Michigan - The Far East-ern tailgate will celebrate Asian fare.
- September 26, 2009: Indiana - This homecoming game will mark the return of the Mardi Gras theme.
- October 17, 2009: Delaware State - Ahhhhh yes...or awwwwwwww yeah...it's The Urban featuring soul food and lots of rap music.
- October 24, 2009: Penn State - The first ever Old School tailgate will feature a class reunion type atmosphere with old pictures, yearbooks, and varsity jackets. Not sure what direction we'll go for food here.
- November 7, 2009: Purdue - Another first time theme...The Lumberjack...will feature overalls galore, and rustic country cooking.Â There's a fairly good chance of fried turkeys at this one.
- November 21, 2009: Ohio State - Soups, Stews, and Chili will keep us warm before we bust the nuts.
More detail to come as we get closer.