Sometimes you have to stop and look at the big picture, right? The Wolverines have won six straight. There are four games to go. Win those four games, and there is only one team that can talk shit to you about App State....and that's Oregon. Hell, you might even get the chance to rematch those Ducks in the Rose Bowl and fix it all. Interesting scenarios abound...but at the center of it all? Winning the four games. Brown Jug. At Sparty. At Wisconsin. Buckeyes. A partial recovery from the worst start in the history of college football...so much more to go.
Is it really a weekend roundup when you don't do it until Tuesday night? Oh well, here's what you missed while you pondered who will play Sloth in the most anticipated sequel ever.
- You like Michigan Hockey? If you do, there is no better coverage than over at The Blog That Yost Built. Check out his media roundup of the weekend sweep of Northern...if you're into that sort of thing. Then take a look through his archives for profiles of pretty much every member of the team. Yost likes hockey more than you like football. [Nothern Michigan Sweep - The Blog That Yost Built]
- There Is No Name On My Jersey takes a look at a poop problem out in Happy Valley, and ponders the probability of overflow during this Saturday's showdown with Ohio State. This could leave a brown stain on the "White Out." [Oh Shit! - There Is No Name On My Jersey]
- Appalachian State is not doing so well. In fact, they might not make the playoffs. This can't be good for our BCS points. Oh wait, playing a D1-AA team already does that. [The Hunters Become the Hunted - The Wizard of Odds] (Warning: Disturbing Scoreboard Pic)
- Les Miles, Michigan's heir apparent, has no brains...only balls. [Les Miles Brain X-Rayed - EDSBS]
- Deadspin, the worldwide leader in sports humor, jokes, and sexual innuendo, attended Michigan - Illinois this weekend. [A Long Night in Champaign - Deadspin]
- Some Purdue managers reenacted the Michigan - App State final play during some free time in the Big House. Hours later, they'd get their ass kicked by the team they mocked. [Purdue Football Manager Mock Michigan at Big House - MZone]
- Autumn Thunder illustrates the worst college football fans in spectacular 3rd grade art class style. On a side note, I sat next to one of each of these people at Illinois. [The Worst Kinds of College Football Fans - Autumn Thunder]