It's an amazing thing, this college football. An entire sport, an entire system, predicated on the way you finish, not the way you start. And so goes 2007. Michigan #12 BCS, USC #19 BCS. Who would've thought that after App State and Oregon that Michigan was on the road to the Rose Bowl (maybe Citrus?), while USC would be thinking about a trip to San Diego for the Holiday Bowl. Like I said though, it's how you finish, and we're not finished yet...not by a long shot.
As for the Big Ten Championship, Michigan can still lose one of their next two and find themselves playing for it on Nov 17th. Everyone else has at least 2 Big Ten losses. First tiebreaker is the head-to-head matchup, and fortunately not who lost to a 1AA team. Yessir...all the marbles.
What you missed this weekend while planning your time behind bars:
- Who tailgates best...NCAA, NFL, or NASCAR. Well, just ask the Fayetteville Observer, of course. [Which Fans Throw the Best Party - FayObserver.com] via The Ultimate Tailgater's Blog
- Mark your calendar for November 13th. HBO will premier a documentary on the Michigan - Ohio State rivalry at 10:30pm.
- Michigan Against the World discusses how MSU has overcome adversity, just by going to MSU. Quote of the day: "Thin Letters Build Character". [MSU Overcomes Adversity As Well - MATW]
- The rallying call for Michigan vs. Michigan State for all eternity....NEVER FORGET 2001. [2001 MI vs. MSU - Michigan Football Saturdays]
- An amazing edition of separated at birth in which Lloyd Carr is matched with John Kerry is up on The Wizard of Odds. Seems fitting for Lloyd considering his recentMaureen Dowd lovefest referred to in the Communist Times. Bo is rolling over in his grave yet again. As for me, I'm just rolling my eyes. Stephen might find this to be the last nail in the coffin for this coaching staff. [Separated at Birth - Wizard of Odds]
- The Hoover Street Rag celebrates the 10-year anniversary of the greatest interception of all time. Charles Woodson...not human. Worth watching again...and again....and again. [Charles Woodson--Praise Be - Hoover Street Rag]
- Courtney Sims released, will try out for Shock. [Pacers News - NBA.com]
- Autumn Thunder reminds us that Mike Hart is saving the world everyday...and he does it with amazingly crappy photoshop that for some reason you can't turn away from. [Revenge of the Son of Mike Hart for Heisman - Autumn Thunder]
- Michigan Football Saturdays reminds you that you were NOT part of "the largest crowd watching a football game" three times this year. DOH! [Fans in the stands - Michigan Football Saturdays]
- Lions want some money back from Charles Rogers. Think he still has that $10.1 million to give back? Ya, right. [Lions Attempting to Reclaim $10.1 million - YahooSports]
- Take some time to study absurd victory chains. Amazing. [Team A>Team B - Fanblogs.com]