Never been a big fan of recruiting coverage, but I am a big fan of viral marketing. Therefore, in another of a long line of stories that should have been on UMTailgate.com earlier, Michigan got the most hyped 4-star commit in the history of the internets. A bonafied YouTube star, RB Sam McGuffie picked the Maize and Blue this past Sunday night live on the local Houston news. As pointed out by the Buckmaster earlier this week on the message boards, you must see the videos to believe it. And don't exit early...watch it all the way through.
How his ability to hurdle over backpedaling DBs and perform videogame-like spin-o-ramas will translate to the college game remains to be seen. However, the fact that he is the fastest white man in the state of Texas will translate just fine.
Here's some McLinks to get you up to speed:
- McGuffie Will Keep Michigan on Top (Michigan Daily)
- Cy-Fair RB Chooses Michigan (Houston Chronicle)
- The Rivals Stats...benches 355...has a 41 inch vertical. Basic assessment is that he can kick your ass. (Rivals.com)
- Gloat a bit...everybody wanted him. (Trojanwire)
- You need a MySpace page. I'm getting one...Sam has one. Get on the Social Networking bandwagon. (MySpace)