A 24-hour roller coaster, that's what I've been on. You probably had a nice Sunday. Probably watched the Tigers beat the Rays and enjoyed the cool fall-preview weather. Me? I surfed the internet, because, well, that's what I do best. Scouring the ends of cyberspace, I took in the good and the bad. I went from worried to indifferent to vindicated to pissed off. What was said and what wasn't is compounded by interpretation of voluntary or involuntary, and in the end, it all looks like complete bullshit. Bullshit that conveniently came out 6 days before kickoff. I'm not naive about the feelings of the college football nation with regards to our program. I just never felt the hate like I did today They smell blood folks. They hated where we were under Bo, Mo, and Lloyd, and they hate where we might be going with Rich Rodriguez. Michigan bought a coach. We purchased our very own Urban Meyer for $4 million. We knew what it was going to cost. We knew what we were doing. And that is what has everybody so scared. We're attempting to make the next step...to continue our dominance. That is why everybody wants us to fail.
The internets, the internets, the damn internets...
- MVictors presents a proper summary
- AnnArbor.com talks to Chad Henne
- Rittenburg presents the "one item" that is likely the get out of jail free card
- Here's one to piss you off from the newly launched First and Big Ten blog, and marks the last time I will link to anything associated to The Bleacher Report, which is a real pile of shit.
- Hoover Street lets us know the band practices 13.5 hours, so, ya, 20 is probably unrealistic.
- Online reactions courtesy of the assholes that started this whole thing
- The Wolverine presents the new Freep logo
- On to more pressing issues.....Western is not only a must win game, it's the whole damn season
- The Meatini, coming to a tailgate near you?
- Michigan Stadium will have a listed capacity of 110,000 next year, which means records will be broken.