Here's what happened around those pesky internets while you were trying to find this in your size:
Hoops was underwhelming during Sunday's arena re-dedication game, as I expected. There is something fundamentally wrong right now, and for me it's about grit and hustle, and not in the cliche sort of way. I really mean we need to get physical. Sparty cracked the code, and the code is to put your head down and ram us. What we need is for Hoke to attend a hoops practice. The meat-grinder is in order. And get on the floor! Dive around. Take out the first couple of rows. That being said, I've got this feeling now that we are going to claw our way back to the performance level we saw in December and January. That's called optimism. It's a rare find around the offices of UMTailgate.com. I'm ready for a mad March.
- Michigan and Michigan State, both at the Palace to start the tournament? Yes, that is the projection out of Indy this weekend says Mark Snyder in the Freep.
- Stauskas and GRIII have returned to glory? Not buying that they're back based on the eye test, but perhaps the stat lines will bolster their confidence and get them back to where we need them to be,
- Penn State Recap: Maize and Brew - Rededication - "As mercurial as Michigan's freshmen can be, you might as well call Trey "Planck" because he's constant."
- Penn State Recap: UMHoops - "Michigan continued to look like a team searching for its former self while limping past Penn State on Sunday afternoon. The Wolverines’ early season confidence and swagger is gone and a struggling defense becomes a more pressing concern with every passing game."
- I was ready to accept Minnesota as a power 6 weeks ago, but they've pooped the bed in a messier way than most. Also, Chumbawamba reference FTW: Tubthumping - Black Heart Gold Pants
- Today's Big Ten Basketball power rankings from our friends in Happy Valley. Big Ten Hoops Weekly - Black Shoe Diaries
- Auburn alum Charles Barkley, during an NBA broadcast on TNT, put a fake bandage on his head and said he was mugged and got his credit cards jacked while he was in Alabama congratulating the football team. This is spectacular. USAToday
- Michigan two-way star, Heisman trophy winner, Super Bowl champion, National Champion, and future NFL Hall of Famer Charles Woodson was released by the Packers. I'm sure he'll show up somewhere in the fall...best of luck Chuck.
- Tim Hardaway Jr's old man...perhaps you have heard of him...is a finalist for the NBA Hall of Fame.
- $27 million and counting. Wait until the civil suits arrive fellas. Shut it down.