We are rapidly approaching our 15th season as a tailgate blog, and as you can see we're running out of room at the top of the page. Over the past month I've remastered 2004, 2003, 2002 and most of 2001, so those seasons are now available at the top. 2001 and 2000 should be finished soon, which is the same thing I said in August of 2008, so "grain of salt" rules apply here.
I hope to add a bunch of other fun stuff too as the season goes along. But I also hoped that by this point in my life I'd own a club or two in Las Vegas. Things don't always go like we plan.
Here's what happened around the internets while the Tigers shit the bed against Canada:
- There will be uniforms that don't look like the uniforms from when you were younger. These uniforms will look weird to you. You probably won't like them. 99 of 100 recruits will like them, that other recruit will go to Penn State. Deal with it. Don't like it? Don't buy it. But aside from the time I couldn't read the numbers at the Outback Bowl, I couldn't care less about what we wear. MGoBlog covers the untimely release.
- Maize and Brew covers Media Day at Michigan and Coach Hoke talks O-Line.
- MVictors unveils the origin of Doug Karsh's nickname "Krash."
- Know your foe! Fall camp notes and thoughts from Yosef's Cabin, the "unofficial Appalachian State Fan Site." Yosef is the name of the ASU mascot, and is actually backwoods hill talk for "Yourself." I provide this information to piss you off even more about 2007, and the fact that we are actually playing them again.
- Media Day coordinator quotes from The Michigan Daily.
- Early returns on the running back competition have Green behind Smith and Johnson, so says The Detroit News.
- Pick six season preview from The Worldwide Leader.