Here's what happened on the internets while you let your 13-year-old grandson drive drunk because you were drunker.
- Predicting the College Football Final Four is pretty re-damn-diculous in August, but it looks like everybody is doing it. Sports Illustrated has us. Jerry Palm does not, and leaves out the Big Ten entirely. By the way, the Peppers "regional" SI cover actually is distributed in 25/50 states, including Ohio, which makes me happy just thinking about those toothless bastards putting Playboy style covers over the copies in the liquor stores - of which they have the most per capita.
- Zach Gentry is a man with a cannon and a 250 pound frame. But Michigan is a team with a bunch of quarterbacks, and only one can play, so Coach told Zach he's going to be a Tight End. Zach is accepting it, which probably makes him a better (Michigan) Man than you or me.
- Imagine what it must be like to continue to support one of the most infamous pedophiles in American history...that's the life of a Sandusky family member. Jerry finally spoke - says his lawyers f'ed him. Fill in your own pun here about tit for tat, etc.
- Alex at MGo profiles the B1G West, which is a hot mess of teams that would finish 5th in the East. Personally, I like the Wildcats coming out of that side before Fitz runs off into the sunset for one of the big openings.
- Bo had open heart surgery 40-years ago, then basically did Michigan Replay while jogging during his recovery. Why? Because he's tougher than you. And that's why he lasted another 30 years.
Here's what happened this weekend while you snuck in 40 drinks at last call:
- Fall camp commences today. Listen man, we've been around the block together many times. We've won that pre-season paper Big Ten Championship and pre-season paper National Championship more than anyone. This year, we ran away with it. Typically (read: always) that's a recipe for disappointment. However, the team is not backing down from the lofty predictions. They have seemed to take on the personality and confidence of their Coach, which I can't imagine being anything but good.
- On the flip side, tough to get all gaga over a team that doesn't have a quarterback, as the battle for signal caller re-ignites between O'Korn and Speight today. Tough to judge, and might be tough to deal with as the season progresses with our fairweather fanbase. Handling demands to play the backup as soon as the starter shows a hint of weakness won't be fun.
- Jordan Kovacs made it to Hollywood.
- Jehu Chesson's mystery injury was that he tore his PCL in the bowl game.
- Buckeyes are classy. So are their moms.
- Isaiah Livers, a four star forward, has committed to John Beilein over Michigan State.
- Go get yourself a copy of Enthusiasm Unknown to Mankind...it's beautiful.
11/5/2016 - Time TBA - Marryland Terrapins, Theme: Soups and Stews
Sure we'll have the classic sausage and cheese chowder...that stuff ladeled over Pammy's Cheesey Potatoes is the bomb diggity...but I've got a turtle meat supplier and an old Italian recipe for Terrapin soup. It calls for a chunk of Ralph Friedgen love handle fat (did you know he's at Rutgers now?). Note: if this gets the 3:30 bump, we may alter it to be fried turkeys.
11/19/2016 - Time TBA - Indiana Hoosiers, Theme: Kegs and Eggs
The home slate comes to a close with a team that took us to OT last year (forgot that, didn't you). No chance this goes 3:30, so let's concentrate on breakfast and pound draft beers. Hoosier Daddy Omelettes, Pancakes, Bacon, and a keg of something that goes down easy.