Coming off quite possibly the greatest day in Michigan/Detroit sports since Woodson won the Heisman and Michigan upset Duke back in '97, it took mere moments...and a shady Lloyd presser...to sober you up quickly heading in to Penn State. Mike Hart and Mario Manningham, who by my gorilla math make up about 95% of the Michigan offense, were injured during the scrimmage against Michigan Agricultural College on Saturday. While Hart says he is good to go, Manningham has been shipped to Siberia, and will be unable to discuss his injury (or lack thereof) until Lloyd thinks it's time. Manningham, who provided the miracle finish against Penn State last season in the Big House, will apparently be inactive for this year's contest against the Nittany Lions. He injured his knee in the 3rd quarter and was seen icing it on the bench in the 4th quarter. MGoBlog has received reports from some students that have seen him on crutches on campus. Could be more than just a week...but unless it's six weeks, Mario will be back in time for OSU. I hope am sure Adrian Arrington can fill the role until Mario's return...though it would be nice to have him for Iowa, our last meaningful game until the trip to Columbus.In a move that will once again test our tailgating endurance, the University, in association with ABC sports, has set a kickoff time of 3:30pm for the Iowa game, extending our planned Italian theme to a 7.5 hour trattoria
News from the weekend around the Google-owned web...
- "Smackdown" is so appropriate. If only planting a flag in your own home was appropriate. [GreenandWhite.com]
- The Angel's recap, which I assume is only accidentally in all bold font. [DetroitNews]
- The Godfather will no doubt send all of his mail with these. [Stamps.com]
- Nearly a week old, but national recognition of the Spartan's demise is too good to not link. [SI.com]
- This could be the end of the crowd in the background at Gameday. [EDSBS.com]
- Nuclear secrets would be safest with Lloyd. [ESPN.com]
- Life tip of the week for you impatient bastards out there. [Lifehacker.com]
- Hart is OK...seriously. [Freep]
- Antonio Bass: out indefinitely
- Mike Kolodziej: rumor mill finally comes through...Kolodziej has a heart condition and could not be cleared by Michigan's legal department early this season...out for season/career.
- Tyler Ecker: sprained ankle against Minnesota, questionable for PSU
- Mario Manningham: knee; out for PSU