We now take you to the cushy part of the Wolverine's 2006 schedule, with the three-headed monster of Northwestern, Ball State, and Indiana before we head to Columbus. How easy should these games be? Really easy. How vanilla will the offense be for the next three weeks? Super vanilla. We will spend as much time hiding plays that we unleash on the Buckeyes as we will actually preparing for games. We will rest Mike Hart. We will suspend Adrian Arrington. We will rehab Mario Manningham. We will celebrate the near guarantee of a BCS bowl game.
So let's have fun and enjoy it...first up, the Wildcats of Northwestern.
- Established in 1851
- Enrollment: 13,000
- Mascot: Willie the Wildcat
- Jerry Springer
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Charlton Heston
- Michigan leads series 50-14-2, and is 27-5-2 at Michigan Stadium
- Northwestern blew a 35 point lead to Michigan State last week, the biggest choke job in the history of NCAA football
- Michigan is 33-5 in their last 38 homecoming games.
- Chad Henne has a league best 65% completion percentage in Big Ten play
- Michigan will be going for their 400th win all time in the month of October, Northwestern will be going for their 437th win all time...in all months.
- Northwestern is 2-6 on the season, with their only wins coming against Miami of Ohio (21-3) and Eastern Michigan (14-6)
- Northwestern is 94th in the country in total offense, and 93rd in total defense
Watch For (I guess):
- Tyrell Sutton, RB, averages 84 yards per game
- Nick Roach, LB, leads team with 7.75 tackles per game
Who do we play this week? Oh, that's right Northwestern.Man that was a whirlwind first eight weeks! Still undefeated and the redemption tour has taken a hiatus and now its just getting down to good old fashion fine tuning. Don't sleep on these teams though. We need to perfect our execution. We have three weeks of preparation and it starts with the Wildcats.
1st half prediction:
2nd half will be on the second team so I leave that up to them.
Tough to make predictions when the team is only going to play a little over a half, but I think our 2nd team would still dominate this poor excuse for a Big Ten team. Mike Hart better have less than 20 carries. Can't wait to see Brandon Minor get his game legs under him. Oh, and Jason Forcier...that should be fun.