style="color: rgb(54, 31, 5); font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 21.59375px;">It's game week. After a dreary weekend of weather in Ann Arbor, looks like we might get a break this weekend, with future forecasts reporting sunny skies and temps in the mid-70's for Gameday. Of course, I have about as much faith in weather reporting as I do in the pre-season polls.
Looks like good news on the injury front, as Mike Kolodziej's ass-pimple illnessinjury has been magically fixed. He has been cleared to play.
"They were just checking up, everything's good," he said. "It wasn't much of a situation. I'm good to go."
That's very Lloyd of you to be so specific. Amazing how something goes from career threatening to "good to go" so fast. But hey, I'm not complaining. Good to have you back Mikey.
The hard-hitting interview show known as Michigan Replay hit the airways for its 32nd season. Coach Carr didn't dwell very much on last season, spending most of his time praising the Vanderbilt juggernaught to a level that made me uncomfortable about the possible outcome of this Saturday's contest. He did his obligatory pre-season freshman shout-out, listing newcomers that might see some action. No big surprises...but Lloyd did mention that Justin Boren would be back in a couple of weeks.
- Antonio Bass: knee, out indefinitely
- Justin Boren: ankle, 2-3 weeks
- Mike Kolodziej: undisclosed injury, out for season
The weekend that was across the internets....
- Eddie Cunningham says Michigan is the team to beat. [Freep]
- Mark Snyder confirms the return of Mike and Justin (see editor's note above). [Freep]
- I'm tired of the term hot-seat, but apparently the media isn't. [Freep]
- MFS has a quick-hitter on true freshman roles at Michigan. [Michigan Football Saturdays]
- More about how the hot-seat has grown hotter since Al Gore created the internet. [ESPN]
- The "What have you done for me lately?" team report. [