Which would you prefer, Big Ten offensive player of the week or Big Ten defensive player of the week? Relax indecisive Wolverine fan, this week you get both. That's right, high school teammates Mario Manningham and Prescott Burgess nabbed Big Ten player of the week honors on offense and defense respectively following Michigan's 47-21 pasting of the Fighting Irish in South Bend.
Highlights from across the rest of the Maize and Blue dominated internets this weekend...
- File this one under the plethora of articles with the same title. [ Super Mario in The Detroit News ]
- "We're back," Hart said. "We're back." [ Wolverines Answer Critics - ESPN ]
- A reminder that defense wins championships... [ Don't Forget the D in The Freep ]
- Let's Play Forever. [ ND Series Will Continue - The Freep ]
- Cry me a river, fish-eater. [ Michigan Fans We're Mean To Me - Irish Blue and Gold ]
- Say It Once and Say It Loud, I'm Maize and I'm Proud [ Michigan Sends Message -Sporting News ]
- The coach of the week? Nice. [ Center Stage in Sports Illustrated ]
- Henne was great...but it's still Hart for Heisman. [ Heisman Watch in Sports Illustrated ]
- Antonio Bass, knee, out for season
- Mike Kolodziej, undisclosed, out for season
Chris Graham and Tyler Ecker returned to action this week as expected. Mario Manningham's wrist scare in South Bend was just that...a scare. X-Rays came back negative.