It's a party. You're invited.
To say that RichRod's exodus to A2 is on the tongue of the collective mainstream media would be a gross understatement. Everybody has weighed in, and have done so with similar opinions: amazing hire, welcome to the 21st century, the Wolverines are back. All great things, all nearly unsurmountable expectations. If RichRod lives up to the hype, the Wolverines will be an unstoppable machine in a new stadium. If he doesn't, we will be relegated to "same poop, different pants." We should land somewhere in the middle. Continuing our winning tradition, but doing so with a new level of excitement.
The expectation will no longer be with the position. The gameplan will change. No longer will we line up and say that "this is Michigan football," same as it was last week, and same as it was the last time you played us. Change. Change that is bigger than a coach and his philosophies. It's a change in attitude. Swagger. Chest bumps. Heisman poses. Confusing the sweatervest. Fun. Real big fun. And you won't have to wait until August...because there will be a SPRING GAME.
Steel wool would be required to remove the smile from my face right now.
The internets provided ample content this weekend while you and Kramer figured out just how far you could go:
- Seems RR is bringing quite a few of his staff members with him. That includes Mike Barwis, strength and conditioning coach....which makes Mike Gittleson unemployed. Santa, please let this be true. [More Staff Clarity - MGoBlog]
- Just a day earlier, Drew said we were falling apart. Today, Drew finally kept his mouth shut.
- There's a lot of hate out there, and there's a lot of social networking. It seems that some Mountaineers have launched a new MySpace page for RR. Read the comments, there's a good amount of anger there, including, but not limited to our new coach being called a "bag of dicks." Mmmmmmm... I can taste your tears. [RichRod - MySpace]
- Learn something. Use wikipedia. [Rich Rodriguez - Wikipedia]
- The Hammer turned me on to this one....nice write up on RR. [Dodds and Ends - CBS Sportsline]
- The Governor of West Virginia once played at West Virginia...now he would like to kill RR. [Joe Manchin is Mad as Hell - Money Players]
- SMQB covers the RR story, and reminds you that this story was actually broken by a 17 year old. A 17 year old that just became the highest rated recruit to ever have us in his top three...because you can't get higher than #1. [Rodriguez: Rich - SMQB]
- Trust in Mr. Martin. He knows who NOT to go after. [Urban Meyer's Recruiting Adventures - Fanhouse]
- Bleeding Green gives us a backhanded compliment, then drops this gem: "Rodriguez had better understand that Ohio State isn't his only rival." [Rodriguez to U-of-M - Bleeding Green]
- Cold War II...maybe this time without TIES. [Cold War II - DetNews]
- Mike Patrick. Todd Blackledge. Oh, and Tim Tebow. [Bowl Game Announcer Lineup - Awful Announcing]
- In non-Michigan related news, the Mitchell report was released. Little did we know it was actually about a former Lions quarterback. [The Mitchell Report, Early Release - KSK]