Here's what happened this weekend around the internets just 15 years after they thought the internets were just a fad.
I'm uneasy about this most trendy and oversold community. Visionaries see a future of telecommuting workers, interactive libraries and multimedia classrooms. They speak of electronic town meetings and virtual communities. Commerce and business will shift from offices and malls to networks and modems. And the freedom of digital networks will make government more democratic.
Baloney. Do our computer pundits lack all common sense? The truth in no online database will replace your daily newspaper, no CD-ROM can take the place of a competent teacher and no computer network will change the way government works.
- I'm just a wee bit surprised at this, but it seems Angel wasn't down with the Victors Rally. She thinks it made Rodriguez out to be bigger than Michigan Football...and took umbrage with this February event. I just don't think it was that big of a deal. Why not have a rally? Hell, if they rented out the Michigan Theater once a month to show old Michigan games, I'd be there. Anything to get me through this off season.
- How do we fix this? Let the Sporting News via MSNBC be the next to make the brilliant suggestion to WIN GAMES.
- Just couldn't resist linking the Royal Oak Daily Tribune, which says that all of the accountability lies at the feet of Rich Rodriguez.
- Tomorrow is the last game in Crisler Arena for...OK officially it's the last regular season home game for Zack Gibson, Anthony Wright, and DeShawn Sims. They be replaced by people from this list, from UMHoops Recruiting Roundup.
- An update on Phil Brabbs's battle with cancer from our favorite embedded tailgate reporter James Dickson on AnnArbor.com.
- Hey! Remember a few days ago when I talked about that great matchup that those bastards down south secured with Navy in Baltimore where the Ravens play. Well, the gauntlet has been laid down, and Michigan has answered with.....wait for it.....Florida. Nope, not that Florida. Florida Atlantic. The Owls. Coming to a Big House near you in 2012. FML.
- I've done this.
- Rittenburg, who has been writing a series on gameday traditions in the Big Ten,finally gets to the Wolverines.