Here's what happened around the internets while you pondered if you should carry extra cash for your scheduled layover in Minneapolis on the way to Dallas.:
- First up...injury news. Both Ondre Pipkins and Roy Roundtree had issues this week. Ondre was part of a scary scene at practice, being carted off with a neck injury. He made it back to practice later that day, watching from the sideline...sans neck brace. His return is TBD. 'Tree had his knee scoped, and is expected back for game 1.
- Wojo speaks about the "rivalry" renewed between Michigan and Michigan Agricultural College. As with any post that involves these two teams, it's the comments section that will really make your day.
- Bennett at the Big Ten Blog on ESPN runs the gambit of best case / worse case for Michigan's upcoming season. It's Little Ceasar's Bowl vs. Ohio or the BCS Championship Game vs. USC with a Heisman for Denard.
- Maize and Brew covers the best of the Big Ten for both Offense and Defense.
- Holding the Rope has a glorious and comprehensive dissection of the Crimson Tide.
- Where else would they be? ESPN College Gameday will kickoff the season in Arlington for Michigan vs. Alabama.
- And finally an AP poll roundup... Maize and Blue Nation provides it. Pollspeak gives you all the numbers. ESPN gives the Big Ten perspective. AnnArbor.com studies the mind of the madman that gave us a first place vote.