Ron English...hope you enjoyed your interview.
Mike DeBord...hope you didn't even enjoy your interview.
Brian Kelly...worked as a press agent for Gary Hart's run for president. That's not a joke. No thanks, enjoy the MAC.
Gary Pinkel...despite the magical 2007 season, you're under .500 in conference.Thanks anyway Whitlock, we'll stay insane.
- Hey Les, listen up. [Advice for new coaches - Heismanpundit]
- Chatter, chatter...and a link to what seems to be a fairly accurate summary. [About the Ferentz to Michigan chatter... - Wizard of Odds]
- Make it stop MGoBlog! Cancelled pressers, flight tracking...make it stop! [Press Conference Cancelled - MGoBlog]
- The Angel says it's all talk. The Angel knows everything. [Ferentz Talk is Just That - DetNews.com]
- Fuck you Drew Sharp. [Miles Can Meld Old, New Factions - DetNews]
- A Note for You, Billy Martin. [To-Do-List - Sporting News]
- Yes, Tiger Fans, He's the Best You've Ever Had, and He's All Ours. [Michigan Job Looms Over Miles - TigerWeekly]
- Yes, you too can apply for the job. [Want to Be Michigan's Next Football Coach? - Freep]
- Fred Jackson...outta here. It's like I never knew you. What is it that you did? [UM Assistant Jackson a Duke Candidate - Freep]
The rumors at MGoBlog are scaring me...a little. Iowa folk seem to believe that Ferentz has been offered...and accepted the job. Not sure if I want a guy that is 3-6 against their version of Michigan State, and is 2-4 against the coach he is replacing. The pinnacle of his career is a Hail Mary victory over LSU in the Capital One bowl. And for those that don't like Les coming in having lost to Arkansas...Kirk finished the season with a 28-19 loss to Western Michigan. Far be it from me to nit pick over bad upsets, but f'n Western? On senior day? Couple that with the fact that they have amassed 18 losses in the last 3 seasons, and the shine of the two-time Big Ten coach of the year has long since worn off for me.
Listen folks...word around campus, and second hand word from a big donor, is that Les is in. If I had a nickel for everybody that is friends with the guy that sold Mrs. Miles her new house in Barton Hills, I'd be able to pay to park on the golf course next year for free. Type "Les Miles Barton Hills" into Google if you want to see how viral it has gotten. Anyway, the deal has been done for a while. We're just going through the motions. Maybe it's not the blockbuster name that you covet. Maybe Lloyd isn't a big fan. Whatever. He's a Michigan man. He got teary at a press conference in Baton Rouge when talking about Bo on the anniversary of his death. And in a program that is more about integrity and tradition than wins and losses, he's your guy.
The rest is smoke and mirrors.