Ya, we've (I've) been dormant for a while. Not to make excuses, but the group is suffering from a little shell shock about recently becoming homeless. With the new rules over at AAGO, we are actively seeking another venue to continue the traditions we've been building for the better part of 15 years in our spot by the green. Fear not friends and fans, we will tailgate...you just might have to come and find us. Maybe in this age of twitter and iphones we'll be able to figure it all out somehow. In the meantime, if you have a spot you think might suit us, one with similar pricing, open space, and a location near the stadium, be sure to contact me at frank at umtailgate dot com.
During the layoff, I also neglected to mention the marrying off of the second of the Godfather's two daughters, affectionately known as the Princess. It will certainly be a house divided, as the groom prefers the kelly green and gold over the Maize and Blue. Congrats to the two of them...and to the Godfather who has finally alleviated himself of all financial burdens not related to football. We expect big things, big tickets, more food, and more participation out of the Godfather now that he has nothing else to spend his money on.
Internets, internets, internets:
- Dan O'Neill has decided on Western Michigan as the destination for his transfer. Like all other transfer stories, this will be published as "another player transferred from Michigan" even though the news of his transfer was months ago and we were just waiting to see where he was going. Sounds like he had some trouble with all the running necessary in the Rich Rod spread. Another wuss. You and Boren should spoon.
- A quick parking outrage roundup... Mlive letter to the letter #1, Mlive letter to the editor #2, Mlive article, MATW article, AAGOC rules page.
- After winning it's first game against Michigan since 2001, and it's first game against Michigan in Ann Arbor since 1990, Athlon has decided that Michigan State is no longer second to Michigan. This just in, Stanford is no longer second to USC...andOle Miss is no longer second to Florida. It's one win. You've got to be kidding me with this Sparty-Dantonio media love fest. I can't wait for Mark to take a real college football job somewhere.
- How do you know if your recruits are really good? When they have to retake entrance exams to get minimum passing scores. Welcome to one of the most prestigious universities in the world Jeremy.
- Another way to know if your recruits are really good? If they get arrested. Just ask Florida. Or this guy. It's coming to Ann Arbor kids...trust me. Piped in music, advertisments in the stadium, arrests, and national championships. Trust me, once we get the last part...you'll be jumping around in the fourth quarter at Amway Michigan Stadium like you were born in Madison.
- We're number 57! ...which begs of a Heinz sponsership.
- And finally...Brian Ellerbe is a basketball coach again. However, Tom Goss is not an athletic director.