Less than 5 days remain before a small group of UMTailgaters will venture to Hell on Earth. I am caught halfway between "giddy with anticipation" and "scared shitless of what the fans are capable of." Either way, I am worthless at work and sleepless at home. It's not because I'm caught up in the X's and O's of Saturday's contest, for I am not an X's and O's type of guy. This game is and always will be about emotion. Win or lose, you'll probably be able to find me after the game in tears.
"Throw out the record books" is a phrase often used to describe rivalry games, but that doesn't do justice to Michigan-Ohio State. There will be two completely teams on the field from the ones you've been watching all season. Hits will be harder, everything and everyone will be faster, and sound from referee whistles will take longer to register in the ears of the players.Â
Unless you're John Dogan, this is the biggest regular season college football game to occur in your lifetime.
What you might have missed while finishing that case of Natty Light:
- Still silencing his critics? I guess. But enjoy Lloyd while you can...I believe two more wins will send Lloyd riding off into the sunset. [Yahoo Sports]
- The greatest scorer in Michigan history? Desmond Howard? No. Tyrone Wheatley? No. Garret Rivas? You betcha. [Michigan Daily]
- MGoBlue isn't screwing around with there game page. The bad news...play-by-play by a former Ohio State QB and a former Fighting Irish coach. The good news...no Brent Musberger. [MGoBlue]
- Monday's presser notes, which included special guest Bo Schembechler. [MGoBlue]
- To get the enemy's perspective, try Ohio State's infamous Michigan Monday. [OZone]
- We got one first place vote...thank you John Giglio. [MZone]
- A Texas-style breakdown of the big game. [Burnt Orange Nation]
- When you have absolutely no life... [Deadspin]
- As much as I love the idea, these inside the stadium pics turn my stomach a bit. [UMich]
- In case you didn't already know... [Dayton Daily News]
- This may save my life. [Cleveland Plain Dealer]
- Antonio Bass: out for season
- Mike Kolodziej: out for season
- Prescott Burgess: ankle, magically healed for OSU
- All others healed magically by the waters of the Cooley Fountain.