It's been all quiet at Fort Schembechler since the UMTailgate.com media blackout. OK, just kidding. Rumors are still flying.
From the coaching front:
- There's a deal on the table for Les, for less. Rumor has it we have put 2.5 million out there, just a million shy of LSU's guarantee if Les wins one more game this year. A million less to be forced into a couple of shitty assistants, have the former coach that hates you in your mentor's old office down the hall, and take over a team that lost to Appalachian State. Oh, and take all the time you need Les, as long as you make up your mind this week. [Call it a Comeback - MGoBlog]
- Steve Starkisian...welcome to the jungle, and Tedford is back in the mix according to a paper that is written 2100 miles away. [Finally A Blip - MGoBlog]
- Oh, and then there's Marvin...Marvin Lewis. [Marvin Lewis to Michigan - Fanhouse]
- Combine piss, vinegar. Lather, rinse, repeat. [Miles Old Teammates are Livid with Search, Carr - MLive]
- The question is, does Bill want to play nice anymore? [LSU AD Tries to Put Miles-to-Michigan talk to Rest - MLive]
- Let's use Les as a fall back...and go after all of the dream coaches we can. Sounds good. Great write up here: [Who Will Be Michigan's $4 Million Man - The Conquering Heroes]
- You like Brady Hoke? You won't after this, my third link to MGoBlog. You really should start going over there on your own people. Oh, you do already? Ya, that's why I'm still at a desk from 9-5. [Profiles in Cronyism - MGoBlog]
The rest of the weekend internets that you missed because you were dizzy from inhaling pig brains.
- Coaches are doing very well these days. Be sure to click the link to USAToday within the link to the boys from Evanston. [CFB Coaches Salaries Average $1 Million - Lake the Posts]
- Next time you ridicule me for playing guitar hero, remember Zumaya...and Jake Long. [More Important Things Than Coaching Search - Varsity Blue]
- Johnny Cleveland would like to dedicate the following song to CJ. [The Cornhole Song - YouTube]
- It's going to be cold. It's gonna be dark. And it's gonna be Ohio State. [Big Ten to Extend Season... - Freep]